This past week it snowed 6+ inches in Northern Georgia. We don't see snow often - especially this much! The last time I remember this much snow in Georgia was the Blizzard of '93.
Unfortunately, as soon as it snowed it starting raining frozen rain, causing ice to cover the snow. We got at least a 1/2in of ice over the snow...so it made things a little treacherous. Beautiful, but treacherous. Four days later we're still frozen in. Our driveway is a sheet of ice, as well as the roads to our neighborhoods. The sun shines all day and starts melting things but then it gets down into the teens at night so everything that's melted refreezes. Temperatures won't be above freezing until Friday.
I like the snow...but I don't like living somewhere that doesn't know how to handle snow. Rexburg was great, aside from the red clay they used over the ice. People knew how to drive in the snow. Here...well, the interstates have become parking lots with semis frozen to the roadways. Literally. I'd dig up the news link, but I don't feel like it.
It's been driving me crazy being cooped up in the house with three children under 16months. At least when it isn't icy I have the option of leaving the house if I wanted. Kind of. The thought of dragging three kids outside keeps me indoors. But the option is there if I wanted.
I'd love to write more but Addison is refluxing and is not a happy camper...so ta ta for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment