With all that's been going on poor Caleb has been put on the back burner. Not on purpose, it just sort of happened. So this post is all about McNugget.
Caleb turned 15 months old today. He seems older, but not. Hard to explain. Since he just visited the Dr. I have some stats on him - he only weighs 26 lbs (he feels A LOT heavier than that!!) and is nearly 3 feet tall. This kid is going to be monstrous.
He LOVES anything and all things books. His current favorites are: Five Little Ducks, The Foot Book, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, I Love You Through and Through, I Ain't Gonna Paint No More, and A Little Pigeon Toad. I am SOOO over reading these books! Last night we read I Love You Through and Through seven times before he'd settle down for bed. First thing in the morning, before he'll even let you pick him up out of the crib, he HAS to read a book. It was cute at first...but now I'm hoping Santa brings him some different books to read.
He's added some more words to his repertoire. He now says (let's see if I can remember them all):
Duck/Ducky
Daddy/Dad
Nani (I hope he means mommy!!)
Jesus (no joke, couple Sundays ago we were looking at a picture of Jesus and he says, clear as a bell, "Jesus!")
Keys
All done
Juice
Cheese
Uh oh (more like Uh Eh)
...I am so drawing a blank here!
You can see the wheels turning in his head. He's started pointing at pictures, or holding things up and says "Dis" until you tell him what it is. Sometimes he'll try to say the word back.
He's also started dancing. It started when I'd turn the radio on in the car and dance like a retard to try to get him to stop crying. Now he loves to shake his head side to side. It's great during sacrament meeting. Never a dull moment! The other day we were listening to the radio while I was making dinner and Rhianna's Only Girl or whatever that annoying song is came on and he started the knee-bend bounce with the head swerve. Classic. He really boogies to Madonna. He is definitely a musical kid.. Whenever there is music on TV or a movie he just stops everything he's doing and listens. Guess I better start saving up for that guitar or drum set now.
He's recently become fascinated with a baby doll my grandfather got him from the dollar store. He likes to rock it in his bouncy seat and even put it in my lap when I was reading him stories last night. Sometimes I'll catch him carrying (read: throwing) it around. I'm trying to use this opportunity to teach him that we touch others gently and don't poke out their eye balls. It's a slow learning process...hopefully we'll have some of it figured out when the girls come home.
He's also testing his boundaries...a lot. He sees what he can get away with. If you catch him doing something he's not supposed to he'll give you his biggest cheese-it grin. I try really hard not to laugh. I know if I laugh he'll just keep it up and push more, but sometimes it is just hysterical. He is a handful.
He is STILL not walking independently. Occasionally I'll catch him standing by himself. But when he realizes he has nothing around him to hold onto he'll sit down and crawl. And he'll only walk holding your hand when HE wants to. If you push him he'll have a meltdown. He is sooooo heavy to hold. Maybe when Nick and Casi come down for Christmas they can get him squared away. I know he's bigger than other kids his age so it's harder for him to find his balance...but come on, kid! Let's get a move on!
He still chases after older women. He loves chasing down the Settle girls in our ward, and he loves crawling to the back pew to play with Anela...who doesn't even like him. It's funny. Oh, the kid!
Here is a video I FINALLY got to upload after 3 failed attempts. I was trying to get him to dance to the music to show you what he does...but he's a little camera shy.
Such a cutie patootie. I need to squish that little boy!
ReplyDelete